Wednesday, October 17, 2012

helpful sources_capital punishment

http://deathpenalty.procon.org/
I find this source very helpful because it gives both points of view from several different people. It also covers many questions that may arrise with the topic of capital punishment. I have used this source before and have found it very helpful. It gives the pros and the cons of the topic and has no bias opinion. The information given is from respectable sources. I also like that it gives you more informaation on subtopics, such as background, moral, legal, and social issues. It also gives other alternatives to the topic or issue at hand. I think it will be usefull because it does give all sides to my topic.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/execute.htm
I like this source because it gives also all the sides of the issue and it also gives a religious based view on the matter at hand. I think it's good to have a religious based opinion also stated in writing. I personally believe that people need to know all sides including religious sides, no matter their beliefs.  This source also covers many subtopics that revolve around the main topic. I think it is helpful to give the reader more information on the subject at hand so that they can decide for themselves what their opinion will be on the matter.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/
This site is purely cases describing why people have or have not been put on death row. I think it will be useful because it will give different situations with different outcomes; whether it be a person being put on death row because of mental issues or because they blatently murder eight people. This way the reader knows that everyone is punished for their crimes no matter if they do have a mental dissability or not. It gives so much information on so many different issues people have come across with the death penalty that all sides will be covered.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/links/dplinks.htm
This site is purely one-hundred percent site that will allow me to look at other sites for further information about capital punishment. I believe this will be very helpful because it leads me to other sites about the area in which I am studying. I will only need to wonder about a subtopic of capital punishment and this site will give me full access to any site that would be related to capital punishent. This way it will be easier to acccess all the information which I will desire or need. I personally love sites like this and think it is an enormous help to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment